- "Cado" redirects here. For the character in the special Bardock - The Father of Goku, see Commander Cado.
Kado (カド) is a fictional character in the Dragon Ball franchise. He makes his debut (and ultimately, his only appearance) in the 2008 film Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!, the first film adaptation of Dragon Ball Z since 1995's Wrath of the Dragon. He and his brother Abo's names are a pun on the Japanese word avocado.
Kado and his brother Abo were once soldiers who served Frieza, ranking in the same tier as the Ginyu Force, as Vegeta explains in hindsight. Two years after the defeat of Kid Buu, Vegeta's estranged brother Tarble, accompanied by his wife Gure, flee to Earth to seek Vegeta's assistance in defeating the brother duo, whom Tarble confesses have since become as powerful as Frieza and have been terrorizing a remote star which he calls home. Kado and Abo pursuit Tarble and Gure to Earth using Saiyan Pods, where Trunks and Goten are unleashed on the two. After struggles from both sides, Kado and Abo fuse into Aka, prompting Trunks and Goten to fuse into Gotenks and incite another battle. When Aka begins to demonstrate more significantly devastating power, Goku and Vegeta prepare to destroy him, however a trick Goku plays on Vegeta results in Goku successfully being the one to vanquish Aka.
- Cloning, the ability to split into several identical duplicates to fight as a group.
- Flight, the ability to fly with the use of ki.
- Japanese dub: Kazunari Tanaka
- Kado is among four primary villains from Dragon Ball Z films who do not appear in any video games spun off by the series. The other three characters are Bio-Broly, Abo and Aka.
|Abo • Aka • Tarble • Gure • Trunks • Goten • Gotenks • Goku • Vegeta • Frieza|